Apache Web Server
- The most popular Web server. Allows installation of various modules for Web programming, including Tomcat (Java support), PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Download at:
- http://apache.linux.edu.lv/httpd/binaries/ (pick the link Win32 and download the file apache_2.2.2-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi )
- Port 80 should be available.
- Open file %CD%\apache\apache_2.2.2-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
- Accept terms of the Licence Agreement, press [Next]
- Accept the default server information (domain, admin's e-mail are irrelevant, since the Apache will only be used for development), pick port 80 (the default), press [Next]
- Pick "Typical" (the default), press [Next]
- Leave the default installation location (c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2 ), press [Next] and [Install], click [Finish].
Check the installation:
- In a browser window type the following address: http://localhost . Message "It works!" should be displayed.