JBoss Application Server
- JBoss is one of the most popular Java Application Servers.
- Download at:
- http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossas/download (select 4.0.4 or the newest production version; pick link "Download", select ZIP installation package, e.g. jboss-4.0.4.GA.zip and pick some mirror).
- JDK 5.0 should be installed and JAVA_HOME environment variable set. Local ports 8080 and 1099 should be available (or JBoss has to be configured to use different ports).
- Unzip the jboss-4.0.4.GA.zip under c:\tools
- Create a Desktop shortcut to the c:\tools\jboss-4.0.4.GA\bin\run.bat
- To run the JBoss, execute the BAT file; to stop the JBoss server, close the JBoss console window and wait until the program exits.
Check the Installation
- Build one of Spring Demo applications, e.g. by running the Ant script under c:\tools\spring-framework-2.0-rc1\samples\countries:
- The Ant command should create a file dist/countries.war. Copy the WAR file to the JBoss deployment directory, e.g. to c:/tools/jboss-4.0.4.GA/server/default/deploy .
- Run the JBoss server and open this URL in some Web browser: http://localhost:8080/countries. An HTML page displaying menus and navigation should come up.